Update from XP Trust 18.03.2020
After the UK Government’s announcement tonight we would like to update and clarify our plans on the Coronavirus situation, as from (today) 18th March 2020.
We confirm that we will continue to support our school community by:
From 23rd March 2020,
- Keeping our schools open for the children / students whose parents work as ‘key workers’, defined by the government as NHS staff, Police and Delivery Drivers, more details to follow on this.
- Opening the schools for children / students who have a Social Worker and/or Education, Health and Care Plans
- Ensuring children / students who receive Free School Meals will be able to access the schools to collect a free Meal provided by the school (further details to follow from the schools themselves)
For children / students who have been asked to stay at home by the UK government, we can confirm that:
- Our curriculum is now online for all children / students to access at home.
- Every school in the Trust will send details by the end of the week, on how everyone can access these resources
- Every school in the Trust will have plans in place to touch base with their children / students throughout the closure period, they will communicate this to you
For those parents whose children will continue to come to school on Monday 23rd March, please could you support the schools by ensuring:
- Your children / students wash their hands before they come to school and when then get home
- You keep the communication between home and schools open via email, websites and phone calls
- Follow the government guidance on household self isolation
Schools will continue to send out updates where the situation changes and for your reassurance and information.
As always the usual lines of communication to schools will be open if you have any specific concerns related to your child or circumstances.
Thank you for your support at this time,